From: chrissie <chrissie@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Several Gentoo-Problems
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 08:26:36
1 Hi,
2
3 after a upgrade i ran into the following problems:
4 (emerge --deep --upgrade --newuse world)
5
6 I habe to Network Interface Cards installed in my machine: one VIA-Rhine-II
7 and one 3Com 3c59x. Now the cards get randomized at every boot, sometimes teh
8 VIA is eth0, sometimes the 3Com. I want the 3Com to be eth0 at every time,
9 how to fix this?
10
11 If i launch gnome-volume-control, i get the following message:
12 gnome-volume-control: symbol lookup error: gnome-volume-control: undefined
13 symbol: __gst_debug_min
14 I already searched the web, re-emerged gstreamer, gstreamer-oss,
15 gstreamer-alsa but still no solution.
16
17 Everytime i log into Gnome, the gnome-settings-daemon crashes, and bug-buddy
18 shows up. If i press Cancel in Bug-Buddy, gnome-settings-daemon crashes again
19 and again. If i move the Bug-Buddy-window to Workspace 4 everything works
20 fine and the settings are correct. Also the settings-daemon is running. This
21 happens after i emerged the clearlooks-theme.
22
23 The machine is AMD XP 1500+/256 MB RAM
24 And yes, i did etc-update recently.
25
26 Thanks for any pointers in the right direction.
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list