From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Several Gentoo-Problems
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 08:49:24
1 chrissie wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > after a upgrade i ran into the following problems:
5 > (emerge --deep --upgrade --newuse world)
6 >
7 > I habe to Network Interface Cards installed in my machine: one VIA-Rhine-II
8 > and one 3Com 3c59x. Now the cards get randomized at every boot, sometimes teh
9 > VIA is eth0, sometimes the 3Com. I want the 3Com to be eth0 at every time,
10 > how to fix this?
11 >
12 > If i launch gnome-volume-control, i get the following message:
13 > gnome-volume-control: symbol lookup error: gnome-volume-control: undefined
14 > symbol: __gst_debug_min
15 > I already searched the web, re-emerged gstreamer, gstreamer-oss,
16 > gstreamer-alsa but still no solution.
17 >
18 > Everytime i log into Gnome, the gnome-settings-daemon crashes, and bug-buddy
19 > shows up. If i press Cancel in Bug-Buddy, gnome-settings-daemon crashes again
20 > and again. If i move the Bug-Buddy-window to Workspace 4 everything works
21 > fine and the settings are correct. Also the settings-daemon is running. This
22 > happens after i emerged the clearlooks-theme.
23 >
24 > The machine is AMD XP 1500+/256 MB RAM
25 > And yes, i did etc-update recently.
26 >
27 > Thanks for any pointers in the right direction.
30 I'm not sure how much this will help but I read this the other day when
31 someone else was having simalar problems. You can tell udev to set the
32 names each time to the same thing. It is done through udev rules if I
33 recall correctly. I think it does it by using the mac address too.
34
35 I don't know how to do it but you may can search the forums or the
36 archives here and find a fix faster than waiting on a guru to roll out
37 of bed. ;-)
38
39 I hope this helps, get you started anyway.
40
41 Dale
42
46 www.myspace.com/dalek1967