From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The next step in AV
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 21:38:57
1 > > I currently have an HDTV hooked up to a desktop computer running
2 > > Gentoo and xfce4, all controlled by a wireless keyboard/mouse from the
3 > > couch. It's awesome. However, I think the next step is to control
4 > > everything from a laptop on the couch. There would be a normal xfce4
5 > > desktop on the laptop, but you could issue certain commands to have
6 > > video or audio played through the desktop connected to the TV across
7 > > the room.
8 > >
9 > > How would you set this up? Maybe the actual xfce4 session is being
10 > > run on the desktop and the laptop uses VNC or NX to control that
11 > > session? Is there a way to have certain audio or video launched on
12 > > the laptop via VNC or NX, but outputted by the desktop?
13 > >
14 > > - Grant
15 >
16 > Short answer - yes :-)