From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Upgrading from FX-5200 to a GeForce 6200 512MB
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 02:27:24
1 Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2010-10-25 at 18:42 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> So, same card as a year or so ago and same everything else but now I get
6 >> only about 1/10th the frame rate. What gives? Is this a driver issue?
7 >> I'm going to take the side off and blow out the case in a bit and test
8 >> again. I'm open to ideas in the meantime tho. I may not need a
9 >> upgrade, I may just need to fix what I got.
10 >>
11 >> Dale
12 >>
13 >> :-) :-)
16 > I'm having issues with the latest mix of nvidia-drivers, xorg, and
17 > whatever else it might be!
18 >
19 > I'm getting bad performance when switching virtual dekstops and moving
20 > windows and such. GL screensavers seem to be ok though.
21 >
22 > Someone posted recently about an upgrade that affected him (looking...
23 > can't find it). He downgraded to fix it, but it wasn't nvidia or x from
24 > memory. Sorry for being vague, I'll keep looking.
28 Well, at least we know there is a problem and it isn't just us. If you
29 find something, let us know. I would hate to know I had to try to
30 watch a DVD right now. I doubt it would even start up. o_O
31
32 BTW, hal is disabled on xorg here. It's enabled on other things but not
33 xorg.
34
35 Dale
36