From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Upgrading from FX-5200 to a GeForce 6200 512MB
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 02:07:42
1 On Mon, 2010-10-25 at 18:42 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > So, same card as a year or so ago and same everything else but now I get
4 > only about 1/10th the frame rate. What gives? Is this a driver issue?
5 > I'm going to take the side off and blow out the case in a bit and test
6 > again. I'm open to ideas in the meantime tho. I may not need a
7 > upgrade, I may just need to fix what I got.
8 >
9 > Dale
10 >
11 > :-) :-)
14 I'm having issues with the latest mix of nvidia-drivers, xorg, and
15 whatever else it might be!
16
17 I'm getting bad performance when switching virtual dekstops and moving
18 windows and such. GL screensavers seem to be ok though.
19
20 Someone posted recently about an upgrade that affected him (looking...
21 can't find it). He downgraded to fix it, but it wasn't nvidia or x from
22 memory. Sorry for being vague, I'll keep looking.
27 When an episode of Walker Texas Ranger was aired in France, the French surrendered to Chuck Norris just to be on the safe side.