From: "Steven J. Long" <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Logitech MX620 mouse
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 01:11:41
1 On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 10:57:40AM +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > Am 18.05.2013 00:57, schrieb John Campbell:
3 >
4 > > Take a look at imwheel. It's a little unmaintained but it still works.
5 > > I've used it on an old MX1000 and my current PreformanceMX.
6 > >
7 > > You can set mouse buttons on a per window/program basis to have
8 > > different effects for whichever window has focus. Thus "search" for
9 > > Firefox and "paste" for Thunderbird.
10 > >
11 > > You also might need lomoco to turn on the button. I remember with my
12 > > MX1000, I had to enable the two scroll wheels as buttons. Otherwise
13 > > they were used by the mouse to "scroll fast" which I found pretty useless.
14 >
15 > thanks for the suggestions!
16 >
17 > We were successful with btnx yesterday ... and now we don't touch it
18 > anymore (as long as it still works).
19
20 Just for posterity's sake, would you mind posting how you configured it, for
21 anyone searching for help on the same thing?
22
23 I don't have an MX620, but I do love Logitech trackballs, and am interested in
24 configuration settings for this stuff. I was looking at the Kensington one
25 with a turn-wheel, but settled on my old faithful Trackman Marble for recent
26 replacement. I really just want something like that with a wheel, but the
27 ones I saw didn't do it for me. In any case, at some point i'm going to have
28 to deal with a more complex device, so I'd like to see what kind of thing
29 you needed to configure (never heard of btnx.)
30
31 Thanks,
32 steveL
33 --
34 #friendly-coders -- We're friendly, but we're not /that/ friendly ;-)