From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Logitech MX620 mouse
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 17:25:16
1 Am 19.05.2013 03:39, schrieb Steven J. Long:
2
3 > Just for posterity's sake, would you mind posting how you configured it, for
4 > anyone searching for help on the same thing?
5 >
6 > I don't have an MX620, but I do love Logitech trackballs, and am interested in
7 > configuration settings for this stuff. I was looking at the Kensington one
8 > with a turn-wheel, but settled on my old faithful Trackman Marble for recent
9 > replacement. I really just want something like that with a wheel, but the
10 > ones I saw didn't do it for me. In any case, at some point i'm going to have
11 > to deal with a more complex device, so I'd like to see what kind of thing
12 > you needed to configure (never heard of btnx.)
13
14 btnx is outdated already ... it isn't developed anymore by its original
15 author and stuff like easystroke etc are recommended by other users.
16 btnx doesn't interact correctly with recent kernels etc.
17
18 My client had used btnx successfully before and after we had no success
19 with xmodmap, xbindkeys (we didnt know easystroke then) we went back to
20 getting btnx to work.
21
22 There isn't much to say ... the system of my client runs Ubuntu 12.10
23 ... and btnx is only part of the distribution up to 12.04 ...
24 fortunately I was able to pull 2 packages from an older repository and
25 install them.
26
27 After that I basically only let btnx-config detect the one special key
28 we wanted to map and then assigned it a key event in its GUI.
29
30 I don't have access to the machine right now ... but I assume it
31 wouldn't make much sense to show the resulting config-file as other
32 people use other mice and map other keys.
33
34 Stefan