From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Local mail delivery agent (MDA) wanted
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 23:00:59
1 Am Sun, Dec 12, 2021 at 02:25:09PM +0100 schrieb Frank Steinmetzger:
2 > Hey list,
3 >
4 > I am looking for an as-simple-as-possible setup for local mail delivery.
5 > What I mean by that is: the mail shall go into /var/spool/mail locally,
6 > which is why I deem it overkill to set up and run a complicated smtpd
7 > daemon with its own config file language.
8 >
9 > At my previous employer we used mda on our Ubuntu-based machines, but this
10 > is not available in Gentoo.
11
12 Just for the record and completeness’ sake: I just cleaned out old browser
13 tabs (many months old) and from one of them I found out that the program was
14 actually called dma -- the DragonFly BSD mail transport agent, not mda. The
15 tab still stemmed from my last attempt at this whole topic.
18 Grüße | Greetings | Qapla’
19 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
20
21 Adolescence, n.: The stage between puberty and adultery.