From: eric <eriic1@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Movie editing softeware
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 08:41:54
1 On 12/20/21 1:13 AM, eric wrote:
2 > On 12/20/21 12:55 AM, Wols Lists wrote:
3 >> On 20/12/2021 06:11, William Kenworthy wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> On 20/12/21 13:40, Andrew Lowe wrote:
6 >>>> On 20/12/21 11:17 am, William Kenworthy wrote:
7 >>>>> Hi, what is a usable piece of software in portage to do a quick
8 >>>>> edit of a movie? (cut start/end and maybe splice a bit in/out of
9 >>>>> the middle?)
10 >>>>>
11 >>>>> BillK
12 >>>>>
13 >>>>>
14 >>>>>
15 >>>>
16 >>>> How easy should it be? Won't ffmpeg allow you to do this type of
17 >>>> thing but you need to do a bit of work to get what you need - no
18 >>>> nice GUI?
19 >>>>
20 >>>>     Andrew
21 >>>>
22 >>> I am using ffmeg now to reduce the video size.  Its a Christmas
23 >>> message taken on a lumix camera that needs to be sent a few thousand
24 >>> km over what may be a flakey mobile link.  I just wanted something I
25 >>> can play a video, click on a point and delete everything before that.
26 >>> Same at the end.  Looking at kdelive its a stupidly complex program
27 >>> that has a steep learning curve to do the above.
28 >>>
29 >> I'm looking for the same. On my PVR I just create two chapter marks,
30 >> and delete the section between the chapter marks.
31 >>
32 >> With pretty much every bit of linux software I've found, I have to
33 >> import my source into a project, make a meal of deleting the sections
34 >> I don't want, and then I can't just "save a file", I have to tell the
35 >> program loads of crap that I don't have a clue about, I just want my
36 >> new file to be EXACTLY THE SAME as the original, just missing the bits
37 >> I've deleted.
38 >>
39 >> Most software works like that, why doesn't video editing software?
40 >>
41 >> Cheers,
42 >> Wol
45 > I have not tried this myself but has anyone tried "easycrop". It is a
46 > script that uses mpv to do the hard work.
47 >
48 > https://github.com/aidanholm/mpv-easycrop
51 I spoke to soon. This script does not do what you are looking for. It
52 just allows you to select a rectangular section of the screen and crops
53 the rest. It does not allow you to remove sections of the video like the
54 beginning few minutes.
55
56 Regards,
57