From: eric <eriic1@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Movie editing softeware
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 08:14:53
1 On 12/20/21 12:55 AM, Wols Lists wrote:
2 > On 20/12/2021 06:11, William Kenworthy wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On 20/12/21 13:40, Andrew Lowe wrote:
5 >>> On 20/12/21 11:17 am, William Kenworthy wrote:
6 >>>> Hi, what is a usable piece of software in portage to do a quick edit
7 >>>> of a movie? (cut start/end and maybe splice a bit in/out of the
8 >>>> middle?)
9 >>>>
10 >>>> BillK
11 >>>>
12 >>>>
13 >>>>
14 >>>
15 >>> How easy should it be? Won't ffmpeg allow you to do this type of
16 >>> thing but you need to do a bit of work to get what you need - no nice
17 >>> GUI?
18 >>>
19 >>>     Andrew
20 >>>
21 >> I am using ffmeg now to reduce the video size.  Its a Christmas
22 >> message taken on a lumix camera that needs to be sent a few thousand
23 >> km over what may be a flakey mobile link.  I just wanted something I
24 >> can play a video, click on a point and delete everything before that.
25 >> Same at the end.  Looking at kdelive its a stupidly complex program
26 >> that has a steep learning curve to do the above.
27 >>
28 > I'm looking for the same. On my PVR I just create two chapter marks, and
29 > delete the section between the chapter marks.
30 >
31 > With pretty much every bit of linux software I've found, I have to
32 > import my source into a project, make a meal of deleting the sections I
33 > don't want, and then I can't just "save a file", I have to tell the
34 > program loads of crap that I don't have a clue about, I just want my new
35 > file to be EXACTLY THE SAME as the original, just missing the bits I've
36 > deleted.
37 >
38 > Most software works like that, why doesn't video editing software?
39 >
40 > Cheers,
41 > Wol
44 I have not tried this myself but has anyone tried "easycrop". It is a
45 script that uses mpv to do the hard work.
46
47 https://github.com/aidanholm/mpv-easycrop
48
49 Regards,