From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [OT] Re: [gentoo-user] bash: no job control in this shell
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 20:51:27
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 10 September 2008 22:02:29 Dale wrote:
5 >> There is a recent thread about the splash not working. It may not be a
6 >> console problem but a splash problem. Something about the splash image
7 >> being moved or something. I don't use splash here, don't reboot enough
8 >> to need one. LOL
11 > Personally, I find the little green "OK"s crawling up the right hand side of
12 > the scrren much much MUCH more appealing and attractive than any splash could
13 > ever be. Plus I get to see if stuff actualloy still works or not...
14 >
15 > But that's just me. I'm weird like that.
16 >
17 > :-)
22 Well, I like to freak out the windoze users when they see it. I tell
23 them that if something fails on mine, I know it before it hits the fan.
24 LOL It's better than finding out later that something important didn't
25 start. It also doesn't "fake" that it is started either.
26
27 Dale
28