From: "Norman Rieß" <norman@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Atheros kernel driver and my wireless access point setup
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:36:01
1 Grant schrieb:
2 >> Leave INTERFACES blank. As you keep the networks seperated, hostapd does not
3 >> depend on any other devices.
4 >> wlan0 is initialized by hostapd. So you are good to go.
5 >> The accesspoint itself, so to say the wlan part does not have any IP adress,
6 >> at it is merely a connectionpoint for normal wlan systems. The IP adress to
7 >> your device however is defined by the other nics. In your case eth1.
10 > I don't have eth1 set up yet. For now I just want eth0 on the WAN and
11 > wlan0 on the LAN. eth0 dhcp's from my ISP, but I need to specify a
12 > local IP address for my LAN somewhere right?
16 wlan0 in master mode does _not_ have an IP adress. So far eth0 is the
17 only ip adress your device has.
18 If you do not spezify a local ip adress on eth1, you will not have any
19 local ip adress.
20
21 >> For the shorewall business, you have to tell, what you want to do with
22 >> shorewall exactely.
23 >> I dare say you have a wlan zone as your AP and a loc zone with eth1. As i am
24 >> using bridging i can not tell you if and how shorewall responds.
25 >> But if you want to keep eth1 an wlan0 seperate, what so you need shorewall
26 >> for?
29 > Since the AP system is also the router, I use shorewall for NAT, port
30 > closing, port forwarding, and packet shaping. shorewall gives an
31 > empty loc zone error if I don't have net.wlan0 started because wlan0
32 > is the only loc interface.
33 >
34 > - Grant
37 You can let shorewall depend on hostapd, so your shorewall starts after
38 hostapd and your wlan0.
39 Check the "depend()" section in shorewalls rc-script.