From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] subtitleeditor failed to compile/update
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 08:40:41
1 On Tue, 23 Feb 2016 07:54:57 +0200, gevisz wrote:
2
3 > During an update of my Gentoo box yesterday,
4 > the subtitleeditor failed to compile.
5 >
6 > Then, I uninstalled it, updated the rest of the
7 > system and tried to install the subtitleeditor anew.
8 >
9 > As a result, its compilation failed even more graciously.
10
11 I don't have an answer to the build issue, but you don't need to
12 uninstall a package to get a world update to complete. Either use
13 --keep-going, which will carry on after a package fails, or use --exclude
14 to avoid updating that package in the first place.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 If at first you do succeed, try to hide your astonishment.