From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] external monitor output during boot
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 13:52:32
1 On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 22:48 -0400, Valmor de Almeida wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > What controls the screen output to an external monitor connected to a
5 > laptop during boot or when just using a plain console without an X
6 > server running? Before a recent update the output would just
7 > automatically go to an external monitor when one is connected. Now it
8 > does not; not sure it has anything to do with the openrc migration.
11 I think it largely depends on the particular hardware config. For my
12 laptop it's a BIOS option.
13
14 If you are using KMS however it seems to want to drive all outputs with
15 a monitor attached.