From: Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] external monitor output during boot
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 05:29:35
1 On 05/18/2011 09:50 AM, Albert Hopkins wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 22:48 -0400, Valmor de Almeida wrote:
3 >> Hello,
4 >>
5 >> What controls the screen output to an external monitor connected to a
6 >> laptop during boot or when just using a plain console without an X
7 >> server running? Before a recent update the output would just
8 >> automatically go to an external monitor when one is connected. Now it
9 >> does not; not sure it has anything to do with the openrc migration.
12 > I think it largely depends on the particular hardware config. For my
13 > laptop it's a BIOS option.
14 >
15 > If you are using KMS however it seems to want to drive all outputs with
16 > a monitor attached.
20 I neglected to mention that the external monitor is connected through a
21 dock base. Actually I should test whether the external monitor works as
22 before by connecting it directly on the vga port on the laptop...
25 Valmor