From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up Gnome's Online Accounts with Microsoft Exchange
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2017 09:34:26
1 On Thursday 02 Feb 2017 10:41:46 lukash wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2017-02-01 at 22:46 +0000, Mick wrote:
3 > > Has anyone been able to connect to a MS Exchange server using Gnome's
4 > > Online
5 > > Accounts wizard, or Evolution with the gnome-extra/evolution-ews
6 > > plugin?
7 > >
8 > > I've tried various settings and it fails to connect with 'Code 10 -
9 > > Unexpected
10 > > response from the server', or an error about no webdav available.
11 >
12 > I've got evolution-ews working. From what I remember setting it up, it
13 > was moderately painful, the details I forgot - your error doesn't ring
14 > a bell.
15 >
16 > Looking at the account configuration, there's not much special. The
17 > only configuration that stands out is these under 'Receiving Email':
18 >
19 > Host URL: https://YOUR_SERVER/EWS/Exchange.asmx
20 > OAB URL: https://YOUR_SERVER/OAB/SOME_LONG_HASH/oab.xml
21 >
22 > And there's a 'Fetch URL' button next to the 'Host URL' input, and I
23 > think it did fill in these URLs automatically when setting up the
24 > account.
25 >
26 > HTH,
27 > Lukas
28
29 Thanks Lukas,
30
31 I'm afraid it doesn't work. :-(
32
33 Looking at a MacOS which works fine here, I noticed it uses
34 https://webmail.DOMAIN.com to connect to OWA and fetch mail
35 folders/calendar/address book and whatever the Outlook Web Access API
36 provides. It seems to me the Online Accounts on Gnome and Evolution do not
37 work with OWA, or at least they do not work with my company's implementation
38 of it. :-(
39 --
40 Regards,
41 Mick