From: John Dangler <jdangler@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] iptables
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 03:25:39
1 I'm reading through the wiki doc on setting up iptables. There is a section
2 there that sets up a file called firewall.sh
3 i've emerged iptables, but I don't have a file by that name on the system,
4 and it seems that running "/etc/init.d/iptables save" writes this file as
5 /var/lib/iptables/rules-save. Is there a specific directory where this file
6 should be written so that running "/etc/init.d/iptables save" can see it?
7 Or can the rules-save file be edited and re-written? (It seems as though
8 running "/etc/init.d/iptables save" would just over-write rules-save).
9
10 Thanks for the input.
11
12 John D