From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] iptables
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 04:35:54
1 On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, John Dangler wrote:
2
3 > I'm reading through the wiki doc on setting up iptables. There is a section
4 > there that sets up a file called firewall.sh
5 > i've emerged iptables, but I don't have a file by that name on the system,
6
7 Probably a script the wiki author created perhaps...
8
9 > and it seems that running "/etc/init.d/iptables save" writes this file as
10 > /var/lib/iptables/rules-save.
11
12 That's right.
13
14 > Is there a specific directory where this file
15 > should be written so that running "/etc/init.d/iptables save" can see it?
16 > Or can the rules-save file be edited and re-written? (It seems as though
17 > running "/etc/init.d/iptables save" would just over-write rules-save).
18
19 That's right it does.
20
21 There's nothing stop you editing /var/lib/iptables/rules-save but be aware
22 that the init scripts might overwrite those changes if iptables has been
23 started. (The init script also support a "reload" option which looks like
24 it flushs all the rules without saving them first and then loads them
25 again from /var/lib/iptables/rules-save - this might be useful for you).
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list