From: Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel panics and more info
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 13:11:08
1 The 21/07/11, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I have not been able to get the nv drivers to work. It has been so
4 > long since I had to use them, it appears I have forgot how to use
5 > them. I'm not sure I have ever used them since I been using Gentoo.
6
7 Try VESA.
8
9 > As for Firefox-bin, I'm not sure that would help Seamonkey. I could
10 > try it but not sure how that would help. Seamonkey would still
11 > crash. Now that I have the same tool I was using in Firefox, I'll
12 > most likely get rid of Firefox. The download helper was the only
13 > reason I was using Firefox.
14
15 A book writer would say: "when my system crash, I'm always using my
16 text editor; so my editor makes the system crash".
17
18 I'm not telling the root cause you suspect is not the real cause but
19 that it is NOT likely to be the real cause in the first place.
22 Nicolas Sebrecht