From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] time for an emerge -e world?
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 00:59:26
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Thursday 18 November 2010 19:20:51 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >>
5 >> Should I now run emerge -e world? If so, I suppose I should stop cron
6 >> from running an emerge --sync during the night.
7 >
8 > I used to do the same with reiserfs, but since I borked badly a reiser4 fs I
9 > decided it is safer to use a LiveCD for this job. So I have to say YMMV. ;-)
10
11 I am not sure I understand. If I use a liveCD, won't I have to chroot
12 to the disk with my real system? In that case can't I get the same
13 fs breakage?
14
15 allan