From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: meld 3.12 can't save settings
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 23:31:22
1 On 2015-01-07, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Meld 3.12.2 went stable a couple weeks ago and got upgraded from
3 > 1.8.5. After the 1.8->3.12 upgrade, the application preferences no
4 > longer worked. They neither affect the application nor do they get
5 > saved.
6 >
7 > If I block meld 3.x and go back to 1.8.5, everything works fine again.
8 >
9 > On the meld mailing list, they say settings have moved from gconf to
10 > gsettings/dconf, and if settings don't work it's a distro problem.
11 >
12 > The gsettings app seems to work find and can find/change settings for
13 > varioius other apps (gnumeric, evince, etc.), but it doesn't show any
14 > schema/keys for meld.
15 >
16 > Then I realized, I didn't even have dconf installed. Is that a
17 > missing dependancy in the meld 3 ebuild?
18 >
19 > So I emerged dconf, and then re-emerged glib.
20 >
21 > No change; meld 3 preferences don't work, gsettings works the same as
22 > before.
23
24 After shutting down XFCE and X11, and then restarting, it looks like
25 meld preferences are now working (and gsettings has switched over from
26 using gconf to using dconf).
27
28 AFAICT meld requires dconf, and it's missing as a dependancy in the
29 meld 3 ebuild.
32 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Maybe I should have
33 at asked for my Neutron Bomb
34 gmail.com in PAISLEY --