From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Copying encrypted files from a DVD
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 20:04:07
1 On 16 May 2009, at 19:00, Joerg Schilling wrote:
2 >>> ...
3 >>> There are still a lot of DVD-Video media that don't use CSS.
4 >>
5 >> I have certainly cloned region-protected DVDs on a number of
6 >> occasions
7 >> using `dd`. These disks have given no read errors, and the subsequent
8 >> encrypted .iso image has produced perfectly fine rips.
9 >
10 > Most video DVDs are dual layer how did you write them?
11
12 You can play the dvd.iso using mplayer - it will decrypt on the fly -
13 or you decrypt them some other method before re-authoring. Usually I
14 just convert them to mp4 using mplayer / mencoder.
15
16 Stroller.