From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Copying encrypted files from a DVD
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 22:01:47
1 Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 > On 16 May 2009, at 19:00, Joerg Schilling wrote:
5 > >>> ...
6 > >>> There are still a lot of DVD-Video media that don't use CSS.
7 > >>
8 > >> I have certainly cloned region-protected DVDs on a number of
9 > >> occasions
10 > >> using `dd`. These disks have given no read errors, and the subsequent
11 > >> encrypted .iso image has produced perfectly fine rips.
12 > >
13 > > Most video DVDs are dual layer how did you write them?
14 >
15 > You can play the dvd.iso using mplayer - it will decrypt on the fly -
16 > or you decrypt them some other method before re-authoring. Usually I
17 > just convert them to mp4 using mplayer / mencoder.
18
19 If you like to write it to DVD in a way that allows standalone players
20 to read it, you need to retain the layer break. You read it out with cdrecord
21 and you set it with cdrecord driveropts=layerbreak=#
22
23 Jörg
26 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
27 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)