From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] syslog-ng: how to read the log files
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 07:21:15
1 Am Tue, 24 Feb 2015 00:50:30 +0000
2 schrieb Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>:
3
4 > On Monday 23 February 2015 23:29:49 Neil Bothwick wrote:
5 > > On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 18:18:36 -0500, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
6 > > > I did change the unit file, but no joy, I still get messages like
7 > > > this: Feb 23 18:16:05 ccs.covici.com systemd-journal[715]:
8 > > > Forwarding to syslog missed 13 messages.
9 > >
10 > > I used to get messages like that. Sometimes substantial numbers of
11 > > messages, 100+ was far from uncommon. But the last such message in my
12 > > journal was on November 6th.
13 > >
14 > > That's on my laptop, my desktop doesn't have a single such message.
15 >
16 > Thank Goodness! Someone who knows enough to trim out the bits of the
17 > message he's not replying to.
18 >
19 > Why do you others make me page-down eight times to find what you've
20 > written in reply to the last three lines of the preceding message?
21
22 *Checks to see if he's guilty.*
23
24 *Hangs head in shame.*
27 Marc Joliet
28 --
29 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
30 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup