From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] syslog-ng: how to read the log files
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 00:50:39
1 On Monday 23 February 2015 23:29:49 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 18:18:36 -0500, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
3 > > I did change the unit file, but no joy, I still get messages like
4 > > this: Feb 23 18:16:05 ccs.covici.com systemd-journal[715]:
5 > > Forwarding to syslog missed 13 messages.
6 >
7 > I used to get messages like that. Sometimes substantial numbers of
8 > messages, 100+ was far from uncommon. But the last such message in my
9 > journal was on November 6th.
10 >
11 > That's on my laptop, my desktop doesn't have a single such message.
12
13 Thank Goodness! Someone who knows enough to trim out the bits of the
14 message he's not replying to.
15
16 Why do you others make me page-down eight times to find what you've
17 written in reply to the last three lines of the preceding message?
20 Rgds
21 Peter.