From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dual Boot System Setup
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 06:53:11
1 On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 22:05 -0800, Ryan Tandy wrote:
2 > Iain Buchanan wrote:
3 >
4 > <massive snippage>
5
6 > >1. use the windows to chain-boot linux (possible, but I don't know what
7 > >for :)
8 > >
9 > <even more massive snippage>
10 >
11 > Sorry, this isn't possible - I should know, I've tried in the past.
12 > Wasted too much time on it, too. Windows can only multi-boot with other
13 > Windows. And if you've managed to get it to do otherwise, please tell
14 > me how!
15
16 Aha, the old "I've tried it and it didn't work for me so it's not
17 possible" trick ;)
18
19 I do remember trying it with windows 2000, and I think I got it to boot
20 my redhat install, back in the days. I vaguely remember something about
21 editing .ini or .sys or something files on windows, but I don't have
22 windows 2000 or redhat any more. And you know what they say about
23 memories being created, so it may (or may not) be possible :)
24 --
25 Iain Buchanan <iain at netspace dot net dot au>
26
27 <Deek> If the user points the gun at his foot and pulls the trigger, it
28 is our job to ensure the bullet gets where it's supposed to.
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list