From: "Alessandro D.M. Semeria" <goloiat@××××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I add pcnet_cs to my installation?
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 19:27:07
1 In my personal opinion is better to emerge pcmcia modules:
2 "emerge pcmcia-cs" (as is recommended on doc).
3
4 Best regards
5
6 A.S.
7
8 On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 10:52:34 +1300
9 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz> wrote:
10
11 > On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 10:49 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
12 > > you do not need to recompile the whole kernel, just the modules you
13 > > need.
14 > >
15 > > in your menuconfig go into "Bus Options" and choose pcmcia support,
16 > > with whatever options you need for your hardware.
17 > >
18 > > Then and only then will the right things appear under Device
19 > > drivers/Networking Support, there will be a section for pcmcia
20 > > drivers. Choose the NE2000 compatible one, and it will build
21 > > pcnet_cs (according to what you read under Help anyway)
22 >
23 > Sorry I didn't finish :-)
24 >
25 > after putting the right config options in place, as modules, exit
26 > menuconfig and execute the following
27 >
28 > make modules && make modules_install
29 >
30 > and for good measure:
31 >
32 > depmod -a
33 >
34 > it should then work without even a reboot.