From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I add pcnet_cs to my installation?
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 22:51:03
1 What doc are you referring to?
2
3 AFAIK if you are on 2.6 emerge pcmcia-cs does not emerge any kernel
4 modules, but only the support programs for pcmcia.
5
6 Thats certainly seems to be what has happenned on my laptop, which has
7 just been reinstalled with 2004.3 as of last week.
10 invertigating further, this is from the ebuild:
11
12 "For 2.5/2.6 kernels, the PCMCIA support from the kernel should"
13 "be used. Enable PCMCIA and any further drivers you need there,"
14 "and then use this package to install the PCMCIA tools."
15
16 It is otherwise for 2.4 , the ebuild says this:
17
18 "To avail yourself of the pcmcia-cs drivers, you have to disable the"
19 "PCMCIA support in the kernel. (Otherwise, you might experience"
20 "CardServices version mismatch errors)"
21 "Proper kernel config for this package is that PCMCIA/Card Bus under"
22 "General Setup is off and Wireless LAN (non-ham radio) is on but"
23 "no modules or drivers turned on under Network Device Support"
24 "if you have wireless."
25 "Also note it now appears that you need CONFIG_CRC32 turned on"
26 "These are the CRC32 Library functions in the config"
27
28 (sorry about the formatting)
31 On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 20:26:32 +0100