From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recommended way to shut down akonadi
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 21:32:49
1 On Friday 10 Jun 2016 19:54:44 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 > Kde and I would assume Gnome as well have a method of running a script when
4 > starting and stopping a login session.
5 >
6 > This is usually used for ssh-agent and pgp-agent.
7
8 Yes, KDE uses /etc/plasma/shutdown/10-agent-shutdown.sh and I guess gnome
9 would have its equivalent, but I think this is only for any daemonised
10 services running on the desktop.
11
12 I suspect that:
13
14 /usr/bin/kdeinit4_shutdown
15 /usr/bin/kdeinit5_shutdown
16
17 are used to shutdown gracefully any KDE apps.
20 > You could try looking for something similar with the desktop/window manager
21 > of your choice.
22
23 I tried the above shutdown commands but they didn't work. Unfortunately
24 enlightenment does not have anything available to stop desktop applications at
25 shutdown. The dev's advice was to use .xinitrc or equivalent.
28 > I think .xsession is run only during start and will not 'pause' during the
29 > session.
30
31 Well my confusion is that my .xsession *was* working fine until a couple of
32 weeks ago ... and all still works as expected when I run akonadictl stop in a
33 terminal before I shut down. I don't know why the same command behaves
34 differently in .xsession now. :-/
35
36 PS. When I just log out there is no delay. The problem only arises when I
37 shutdown. I wonder if this is something to do with this darn sddm display
38 manager ...
41 Regards,
42 Mick