From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recommended way to shut down akonadi
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 05:03:41
1 On Friday, June 10, 2016 10:32:25 PM Mick wrote:
2 > On Friday 10 Jun 2016 19:54:44 J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 > > Kde and I would assume Gnome as well have a method of running a script
4 > > when
5 > > starting and stopping a login session.
6 > >
7 > > This is usually used for ssh-agent and pgp-agent.
8 >
9 > Yes, KDE uses /etc/plasma/shutdown/10-agent-shutdown.sh and I guess gnome
10 > would have its equivalent, but I think this is only for any daemonised
11 > services running on the desktop.
12 >
13 > I suspect that:
14 >
15 > /usr/bin/kdeinit4_shutdown
16 > /usr/bin/kdeinit5_shutdown
17 >
18 > are used to shutdown gracefully any KDE apps.
19 >
20 > > You could try looking for something similar with the desktop/window
21 > > manager
22 > > of your choice.
23 >
24 > I tried the above shutdown commands but they didn't work. Unfortunately
25 > enlightenment does not have anything available to stop desktop applications
26 > at shutdown. The dev's advice was to use .xinitrc or equivalent.
27 >
28 > > I think .xsession is run only during start and will not 'pause' during the
29 > > session.
30 >
31 > Well my confusion is that my .xsession *was* working fine until a couple of
32 > weeks ago ... and all still works as expected when I run akonadictl stop in
33 > a terminal before I shut down. I don't know why the same command behaves
34 > differently in .xsession now. :-/
35 >
36 > PS. When I just log out there is no delay. The problem only arises when I
37 > shutdown. I wonder if this is something to do with this darn sddm display
38 > manager ...
39
40 There is a 90 second delay with PostgreSQL if there are still clients connected to the
41 database.
42 This should also be displayed on the screen if you see the shutdown-text.
43
44 I don't see how sddm can cause an extra delay.
45
46 You could add the commands to:
47 /etc/local.d/killakonadi.stop
48
49 (These are run as root, so you might need to do something like:
50 /bin/su -s /bin/sh -c " <command> " <username>
51 instead of the commands you have been putting in the scripts.
52
53 I think the local-service is stopped before postgresql is stopped, so this might prevent the
54 delay you are seeing?
57 Joost