From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Where's my wireless AP?
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 21:25:30
1 On Tuesday 20 April 2010 15:25:14 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 5:21 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Hmm, it's stuck in US mode for some reason. Firmware?
4 >
5 > Maybe you're right, I googled and found some info that the old
6 > broadcom driver didn't support channels 12 and 13 for some reason with
7 > certain hardware. However, it appears b43 is the "old" driver, and the
8 > new one which should support those channels and setting regulatory
9 > domain is the Broadcom STA driver, which is in portage for ~x86 and
10 > ~amd64 (net-wireless/broadcom-sta). Try to emerge it, blacklist your
11 > old b43 driver and hope it works. :)
12
13 Thanks Paul. This is confusing me ... I thought that the b43 (as opposed to
14 the legacy bcm43xx) is the latest in kernel driver and that's why I chose it.
15 It is probably still under development.
16
17 I am just emerging gentoo-sources-2.6.33-r1 and I'll see if the situation
18 improves. Otherwise I will have to remove it and emerge the proprietary
19 drivers instead, until the b43 matures a bit more.
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick