From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Where's my wireless AP?
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:04:45
1 On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 5:21 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hmm, it's stuck in US mode for some reason. Firmware?
3
4 Maybe you're right, I googled and found some info that the old
5 broadcom driver didn't support channels 12 and 13 for some reason with
6 certain hardware. However, it appears b43 is the "old" driver, and the
7 new one which should support those channels and setting regulatory
8 domain is the Broadcom STA driver, which is in portage for ~x86 and
9 ~amd64 (net-wireless/broadcom-sta). Try to emerge it, blacklist your
10 old b43 driver and hope it works. :)
11
12 Here's the Broadcom STA docs: http://www.broadcom.com/docs/linux_sta/README.txt
13
14 (I don't have a broadcom card so this is all guessing, hope it helps!)