From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] About ready to move /usr, /var and /home to LVM.
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 10:35:02
1 On 15 April 2012, at 01:18, Dale wrote:
2 >> …
3 >> As we are out of rational ideas, have you tried unplugging the old disk?
4 >> You don't need it for booting at the moment, right? AS SATA is
5 >> hot-plugin capable, you can re-insert it later.
6 >
7 > Well, if I unplug it, how am I going to change the partitions and copy
8 > the OS back over to it? I have not tested the hot plug thingy yet.
9 > Yea, it is supposed to work but . . .
10
11 Just boot the computer from the new disk without the old one in, to start with.
12
13 Something may suddenly make sense when you do so.
14
15 Stroller.