From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KWin closed unexpexctedly:(
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 14:39:10
1 On Thursday 05 Dec 2013 10:26:26 the wrote:
2 > On 12/05/13 12:25, Jackie wrote:
3 > > Hello! I am using Gentoo with kernel-3.11.6 & KDE-4.11.4. It's been
4 > > a while since I last used Gentoo,but when I login yesterday via
5 > > KDM,my desktop went blackout emmediately with only mouse cursor(I
6 > > could still move it) and my conky there.I didn't even know what
7 > > happened. I then reboot and used openbox/KDE session and it worked
8 > > all properly and I upgraded my system.After all that I rebooted
9 > > again and KDE still isn't working now.All I know is that when I log
10 > > in all is black...I tried to remove ~/.kde4 but nothing got any
11 > > better.I checked .xsession-error and didn't really understand and I
12 > > put it here https://gist.github.com/anonymous/7800556.Any help?I
13 > > just don't know what to do now
14 >
15 > What about X log?
16
17 The OP may have bigger problems ...
18
19 akonadi is not configured correctly and it cannot connect to the mysql
20 database. So this needs fixing for KDE to function properly with its semantic
21 desktop.
22
23 I would run revdep-rebuild and potentially rebuild sys-libs/glibc for good
24 measure (just a hunch from the log error that mentions GLib-CRITICAL **).
25
26 Hope this helps.
27 --
28 Regards,