From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KWin closed unexpexctedly:(
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 15:11:14
1 On 05/12/2013 16:38, Mick wrote:
2 > On Thursday 05 Dec 2013 10:26:26 the wrote:
3 >> On 12/05/13 12:25, Jackie wrote:
4 >>> Hello! I am using Gentoo with kernel-3.11.6 & KDE-4.11.4. It's been
5 >>> a while since I last used Gentoo,but when I login yesterday via
6 >>> KDM,my desktop went blackout emmediately with only mouse cursor(I
7 >>> could still move it) and my conky there.I didn't even know what
8 >>> happened. I then reboot and used openbox/KDE session and it worked
9 >>> all properly and I upgraded my system.After all that I rebooted
10 >>> again and KDE still isn't working now.All I know is that when I log
11 >>> in all is black...I tried to remove ~/.kde4 but nothing got any
12 >>> better.I checked .xsession-error and didn't really understand and I
13 >>> put it here https://gist.github.com/anonymous/7800556.Any help?I
14 >>> just don't know what to do now
15 >>
16 >> What about X log?
17 >
18 > The OP may have bigger problems ...
19 >
20 > akonadi is not configured correctly and it cannot connect to the mysql
21 > database. So this needs fixing for KDE to function properly with its semantic
22 > desktop.
23 >
24 > I would run revdep-rebuild and potentially rebuild sys-libs/glibc for good
25 > measure (just a hunch from the log error that mentions GLib-CRITICAL **).
26 >
27 > Hope this helps.
31 glib != glibc
32
33 glib is a helper lib from the gtk/gnome camp that implements useful and
34 low level routines like event loops etc. The built package is unlikely
35 to be wrong, GLib-CRITICAL error usually mean exactly that - the
36 consumer lib made a request that doesn't make sense and glib correctly
37 detected that it was sent something erroneous
41 Alan McKinnon
42 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com