From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Copying settings from Konqueror-3.5 to 4.3
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 18:52:02
1 On Friday 23 October 2009 19:30:46 Mick wrote:
2 > On Friday 23 October 2009 10:05:33 Alex Schuster wrote:
3 > > Mick writes:
4 > > > Hmm ... wonder if this is also why
5 > > > kdewallet (or modern equivalent) is no longer there?
6 > >
7 > > The KDE4 still has the kdewallet which I find quite useful. As I started
8 > > my KDE4 setup from scratch, I saved the wallet with KDE3.5 and imported
9 > > that in KDE4.
10 >
11 > It seems that the kwallet does not perform as expected:
12
13 I got it wrong, again! All that I needed to do is click "Remember passwords"
14 for each account. Now kwallet is launched exactly as in KDE3.5 ... and deals
15 with the mail login.
16
17 Apologies for all the noise - other than Akonadi which it seems is a bit ropey
18 without Java, kmail4 is very much the same with 3.5 give or take a few
19 cosmetic things. All in all, a happy camper now.
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick