From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Copying settings from Konqueror-3.5 to 4.3
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 18:30:53
1 On Friday 23 October 2009 10:05:33 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Mick writes:
3 > > Hmm ... wonder if this is also why
4 > > kdewallet (or modern equivalent) is no longer there?
5 >
6 > The KDE4 still has the kdewallet which I find quite useful. As I started my
7 > KDE4 setup from scratch, I saved the wallet with KDE3.5 and imported that
8 > in KDE4.
9
10 It seems that the kwallet does not perform as expected:
11
12 With 3.5 I would fire up kmail (remember I am running xdm/fluxbox not
13 kdm/kwin) and when I clicked on 'Check Mail' it caused kwallet to launch and
14 ask me once for the master passwd.
15
16 With kmail4 this does not happen. The kmail application asks for passwords
17 separately for each account of mine without kwallet being launch at all ...
18 until I click to send a message! Then it launches fine and asks for the
19 master password.
20
21 I can't call this a bug - but I find it problematic to have to enter 3-4
22 account passwds instead of just one.
23 --
24 Regards,
25 Mick