From: Justin Findlay <jfindlay@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sysconfig
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 22:25:14
1 On 5/23/06, Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Maybe this is a stupid question for the list, but I was wondering
3 > about and try some search at google and I don´t find the reason why
4 > gentoo hasn´t /etc/sysconfig folder .....
5
6 /etc/sysconfig is a RedHat invention. That's where they keep their
7 distro specific configuration and config files for system
8 configuration that RedHat has specifically built (G)UIs for.
9
10 One of the things I love so much about Gentoo is that it is so
11 transparent. There is no distro-level abstraction for system config
12 files. There are config files for daemons in /etc/conf.d, and for
13 various other housekeeping you would expect the distro to take care
14 of, there's eselect.
17 Justin
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list