From: Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sysconfig
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 23:15:40
1 thanks, Justin I was hoping for an answer like that ....
2
3 On 5/23/06, Justin Findlay <jfindlay@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > On 5/23/06, Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Maybe this is a stupid question for the list, but I was wondering
6 > > about and try some search at google and I don´t find the reason why
7 > > gentoo hasn´t /etc/sysconfig folder .....
8 >
9 > /etc/sysconfig is a RedHat invention. That's where they keep their
10 > distro specific configuration and config files for system
11 > configuration that RedHat has specifically built (G)UIs for.
12 >
13 > One of the things I love so much about Gentoo is that it is so
14 > transparent. There is no distro-level abstraction for system config
15 > files. There are config files for daemons in /etc/conf.d, and for
16 > various other housekeeping you would expect the distro to take care
17 > of, there's eselect.
20 > Justin
21 >
22 > --
23 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
29 An application asked:
30 "Requeires Windows 9x, NT4 or better",
31 so I´ve installed Linux
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list