From: William Xu <william.xwl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: about permission setting for /var/tmp/portage/../work
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 07:28:37
1 Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org> writes:
2
3 > May be because this directory is meant to be used by portage only.
4
5 Since it's just a tmp dir, only allowing portage user to read seems too
6 strict.
7
8 > IMHO that is so because of FEATURES="... userpriv ..." (please check
9 > the syntax). Same must be valid for /usr/portage/distfiles (FAETURES=
10 > " ... parallel-fetch userpriv usersandbox...")
11
12 Do you mean that I should add `userpriv' etc to FEATURES flag? My
13 present setting is:
14
15 ,----
16 | FEATURES="cvs parallel-fetch ccache keepwork"
17 `----
18
19 > Why you need user access to this work-dir.
20
21 Yes, it's a big weird that debugging emacs requires me running the
22 executable.
23
24 ,----[ /usr/share/emacs/23.0.0/etc/DEBUG ]
25 | ** When you debug Emacs with GDB, you should start it in the directory
26 | where the executable was made. That directory has a .gdbinit file
27 | that defines various "user-defined" commands for debugging Emacs.
28 | (These commands are described below under "Examining Lisp object
29 | values" and "Debugging Emacs Redisplay problems".)
30 `----
33 William
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list