From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDEPIM-4.4.2015.06 blockages
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2016 23:23:18
1 On Friday 01 Jan 2016 16:49:41 James wrote:
2 > Mick <michaelkintzios <at> gmail.com> writes:
3 > > I am updating an old machine which does not see much usage these days.
4 > > I came across this blockage, which seems is caused by retaining the
5 >
6 > > pre-Kmail2 KDEPIM version on this PC:
7 > When upgrading old systems, always there are packages that cause problems
8 > or the attic is missing the particular version your efforts call for, during
9 > the transition, is my experience; ymmv.
10 >
11 > > Is there a workaround for this, or does it mean time has arrived to
12 > > decide whether I will be able to continue with Kmail1 and the old
13 > > KDEPIM on this box, or not?
14 >
15 > When I've updated older systems, I rarely pay close attention to the
16 > details, except when the progress is halted or fails. What I've learned to
17 > do is::
18 [snip ...]
21 > hth,
22 > James
23
24 Thank you James, but this is a system which has been updated regularly, at
25 least once a week. The only exception being KDEPIM which was masked as
26 advised by the maintainers for those who found Kmail2 unsuitable for their
27 systems. So, on this system I've stayed with 4.4 as advised here:
28
29 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/KDE/KDEPIM-4.7_upgrade
32 After all these years, this is the first time that 4.4 has come up with a
33 blocker, hence my email to this list.
36 Regards,
37 Mick