From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Desperately need advice on fixing a corrupt XFS partition
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 22:16:04
1 Paul Hartman writes:
2
3 > I accidentally sent this from the wrong email address the first time,
4 > not sure if it went through to the list so I'm sending it again (I
5 > apologize if it is a duplicate).
6
7 I don't think so.
8
9 > If anyone has any ideas at all about how to go about fixing/mounting
10 > this, I will be forever in your debt. Thanks.
11
12 Before doing anything further with it, you should create an image of your
13 dying drive and analyze that instead. And create a 2nd image, in case you
14 mess up the first one while repairing it, and the drive really died in
15 the meantime.
16 dd if=/dev/sdf of=/mnt/sdf.img
17 unplug drive
18 cp /mnt/sdf.img /mnt/sdf.img2
19 OR
20 gzip -c /mnt/sdf.img > /mnt/sdf.img.gz
21
22 You can then try photorec from app-admin/testdisk, but reiserfs is not
23 really supported. But this looks promising:
24 http://antrix.net/journal/techtalk/reiserfs_data_recovery_howto.comments
25
26 Good luck,
27