From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: The war continues.
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 17:47:24
1 wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Philip Webb wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> So that needs rephrasing : "Why is AG using KDE 5 ? " (smile).
7 >>> Everything works for me using Fluxbox + some KDE 4 apps.
8 >> The last good version of KDE was 3.5.x... then the flood came... (Qt
9 >> 4) and all the developer started having Ideas about things that could
10 >> go into the new version....
11 > Also IMHO KDE 3.5 was the best (K)DE. :-)
12 >
13 > But I can't envisage that KDE will ever reach that quality again.
14 >
15 > --
16 > Regards
17 > wabe
22 You two just said a mouth full and I agree. That last part of KDE3 was
23 some good stuff. To this day, I still can't get my desktop slide show
24 to *not* be random. I filed a bug way back when KDE3 forced folks to
25 move to KDE4. I can see how making it random may require some work but
26 disabling it shouldn't take to much work. Just beat the random thing
27 until it dies. lol
28
29 That's just one thing tho. KDE3 was much faster in my opinion.
30
31 Dale
32