From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X USE flag
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:07:59
1 On Monday 30 October 2006 14:02, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > > 1. What's causing these packages to have an X use flag at all?
3 > > 2. Why use such a flag at all? These are X11 packages, seems kinda
4 > > pointless to compile such a thing without X11 support...
5 >
6 > The x-modular.eclass now inherits the font.eclass ...
7 >
8 > http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/eclass/x-modular.ecla
9 >ss?r1=1.77&r2=1.78
10 > http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/eclass/font.eclass?re
11 >v=1.21&view=markup
12
13 Ok, that's explains what's happening.
14
15 But now I have to recompile something on the order of 60 - 70 packages
16 with a new USE flag which is apparently not used anywhere (and is
17 simply an artifact of an inherit) (I checked some of the ebuilds, not
18 all, and none so far use that flag directly). I'll even predict money
19 that the new binaries are identical to the old ones.
20
21 Forgive my saying this, but that is a stupendous waste of my cpu cycles
22 and time. A better solution must exist - if this moves to arch
23 unchanged the gentoo user base will go ballistic
24
25 alan
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list