From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox and Ephiphany hang at a certain directory
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 02:06:09
1 On Thursday 03 September 2009 23:56:49 Alan E. Davis wrote:
2 > This is my personal working directory, under git control to carry it around
3 > between computers on a flash drive. Now stripped of git. I am reluctant
4 > to send it along, but I could send a tarball to someone who is willing to
5 > check on it. It's 300M.
6 >
7 > I moved ./mozilla out of the way. The problem persists.
8 >
9 > I found one ampersand in a file name, and changed it. No happiness.
10 >
11 > Don't know how to find a filename with a space at the end. Is there a tool
12 > to find hosed filenames?
13
14 Not really, it's a tricky problem - the computer doesn't know what "hosed"
15 could mean as it's stupid and doesn't assign significance to things (that's a
16 human trait).
17
18 ls -al *' '
19