From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox and Ephiphany hang at a certain directory
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 16:48:38
1 This is my personal working directory, under git control to carry it around
2 between computers on a flash drive. Now stripped of git. I am reluctant to
3 send it along, but I could send a tarball to someone who is willing to check
4 on it. It's 300M.
5
6 I moved ./mozilla out of the way. The problem persists.
7
8 I found one ampersand in a file name, and changed it. No happiness.
9
10 Don't know how to find a filename with a space at the end. Is there a tool
11 to find hosed filenames?
12
13 Thank
14 Alan Davis
15
16 You can know the name of a bird in all the languages of the world, but when
17 you're finished, you'll know absolutely nothing whatever about the bird...
18 So let's look at the bird and see what it's doing---that's what counts.
19
20 ----Richard Feynman