From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sdhc card on eeepc701 running gentoo
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 20:05:43
1 On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Érico Porto <ericoporto2008@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'm having lots of hardware error current when trying to use a sdhc card
5 > (transcend 16GB) on my eeepc701. I have never used any card on gentoo
6 > before, but I have used with success previously in Ubuntu.
7 >
8 > Is there some know bug?
9 >
10 > Also, only sometimes I get a device at /dev/sdb and couldn't get any
11 > /dev/sdb1 to show, but I do see it using fdisk /dev/sdb and them pressing p.
12
13 I have a USB card reader that only worked if I issued "hdparm -z
14 /dev/sdX", for some reason the device only worked after the second
15 time it was initialized. I don't know if you're using USB or MMC
16 interface for your card reader but maybe you can try it.
17
18 I have another device that used the MMC driver, it didn't work
19 properly with fast cards (above class 4) -- massive corruption every
20 time -- the "fix" was to hardcode the DTO value of 0xA in the mmc
21 driver (instead of dynamic calculation), after that it worked fine...