From: "Érico Porto" <ericoporto2008@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sdhc card on eeepc701 running gentoo
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 22:21:57
1 it is a 16GB class 10 Transcend, but the eeepc uses a usb card reader
2 inside of it - no mmc I think.
3
4 Actually, the first thing I tried to do with it was to format to ext2, and
5 then the formating proccess frozed in the middle of it.. I've tried to load
6 it in a windows pc after but couldn't read, and when I tried to format,
7 everything frozed - but it was a public computer, so I don't know if it
8 ever had a working card reader.
9
10 I've booted ubuntu in the eeepc now, and the card is shown in /dev/sdc1,
11 but I can't edit it using disk utility - it gives me error calling
12 fsync(2), on:/dev/sdc: input/output error. But on ubuntu I don't see no
13 dmesg error msgs like the ones I see on gentoo just by plugin it on the
14 port.
15
16 Is there any disk error checking utility in gentoo or ubuntu?
19 Érico V. Porto
22 On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com