From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gummiboot -> efibootmgr
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 09:42:02
1 On Tuesday 23 Aug 2016 05:18:02 Tom H wrote:
2 > On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 11:05 AM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
3 wrote:
4 > > Following today's marking of gummiboot as to be deleted in a month, I
5 > > had a look at efibootmgr in the wiki pages. It looks as though I'll be
6 > > able to use it instead, but one thing puzzles me: is it possible to
7 > > create a set of configs for several kernels, the way gummiboot does in
8 > > /boot/loader/entries/*.conf? Actually, I'd also like to specify each of
9 > > two kernel versions with three different command lines to start
10 > > different run levels.
11 >
12 > You can create multiple entries with efibootmgr but you'll have to
13 > boot to your firmware to choose a non-default option.
14
15 Yes, that's how it was looking to me too. Not an ideal arrangement.
18 Rgds
19 Peter