From: Konstantinos Agouros <elwood@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to nail the order of modules loaded
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 16:10:32
1 In <200906201106.19482.dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de> dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de (Dirk Heinrichs) writes:
2
3 >--nextPart7888557.vBO4LPOhks
4 >Content-Type: text/plain;
5 > charset="utf-8"
6 >Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
7 >Content-Disposition: inline
8
9 >Am Samstag 20 Juni 2009 10:06:37 schrieb Neil Bothwick:
10
11 >> I thought that,but reading the question again, I don't think the problem
12 >> is naming, but the wrong driver claiming the card.
13
14 >Naming makes the order irrelevant.
15 How so?
16
17 In this case it is eth1 which doesn't work if tulip is loaded before de4x5.
18 I also do not think that building the modules in the kernel gives me any
19 control over the order in which they are discovered.
20
21 Regads,
22
23 Konstantin
24 --
25 Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elwood@×××××××.de
26 Otkerstr. 28, 81547 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185
28 "Captain, this ship will not survive the forming of the cosmos." B'Elana Torres